Baulogic was initially approached to provide an intelligent lighting solution to key areas of a large family country home. The property was in the very early stages of full refurbishment throughout, an ideal time to introduce the additional cabling required for an intelligent solution.
As we worked with the client and architect to design the key areas, the benefits of an intelligent system became apparent to the client and the design was extended to cover the entire property, including its extensive grounds.
During the installation, the design was further refined with regular site meetings, recommendations from Baulogic and additional requirements put forward by the client.
After the initial design was expanded by the client, the scope of the installation came to include:
- Full intelligent lighting system based on the C-bus protocol
- Control over external grounds including tennis courts and swimming pool
- Multiple touch screen control and switches incorporating dynamic labelling
- Multi-room audio with local amplifiers and Amina plaster-in ceiling speakers
- Electrical underfloor heating to bathrooms and ensuites
- A fully featured 5.1 home cinema incorporating a 9ft projector screen and HD projector, all seamlessly integrated using a wireless Phillips Pronto panel
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for iPod's onto the multi-room audio system
- A full structured cabling solution
- Sky television, including Sky HD, throughout the property
- A managed telephone distribution system
One of the governing requirements for this project was the aesthetics of the accessories and a minimalist installation. To achieve this, Baulogic sourced samples of every fitting to be installed into the property so that they could be fully approved by the client.
Baulogic and the client spent a considerable amount of time from day one of the planning stages to ensure that every part of the design fully met their requirements.
It was a key concern that the system be extremely user-friendly. The system was required to simplify the management of the estate, automatically scheduling aspects such as external lighting and regulating the swimming pool temperature.
After completion of the initial project, the home cinema was extended to include fully automated curtains, Sky HD and PlayStation 3. The additional features were all added to the Pronto control allowing a single touch of the wireless panel to close the curtains, lower the projector screen, optimise the 5.1 Audio Amplifier and lower the lights, as well as any number of additional functions thereafter.
By utilising scenes within the intelligent lighting system a single touch of a button can maximise the aesthetic appeal of a given area by setting the light levels of multiple light fittings. In keeping with this, the client can shut down the property at night from a touch panel situated adjacent to the master bed or from a 'goodbye' button as they leave the property.